Friday, February 4, 2011

Senecio talinoides forma cristata.....Brad discovered and propagated this excellent cristate succulent

He's got a handful of them now and they'll go somewhere visible this summer. I think it's a sport of 'Jolly Gray'. I remember when these plants were in the genus Kleinia. Hey Senecio is already a huge genus, or maybe I ought to say is still a huge genus because sections of it have been split off lately. I think it still contains over 1,000 species. This one intrigues me because according to San Marcos Growers it's hardy to 20-25F. That sounds like a potential Florida plant!

Brad did tell me yesterday that one reversion needed to come off. It's moreobvious in the picture than it was in person.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello. is the Senecio vitalis the same as the crested senecio vitalis????