Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Foggy sunrise over the Capitol Columns VII

Here's the story: I arrive at the Arboretum just about the same time every day, I drive past the Azalea Collection, and the sun rises to my left. This time of year the mornings are regularly foggy so if my arrival coincides with sunrise and it's foggy voila, I get a chance to take this picture. It's not a hard picture to take as long as you happen to be in the right place at the right time, but someday I'll get it perfectly. I'd like the columns to be visible; they're in this picture but obscured by the glow of the sun.

Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, there are two weeks every year when I tend to hit sunrise: the first week in March, and the third week in April, so if this week doesn't yield another chance I won't have to wait another year, just 11 months!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's a great image, columns or no columns. I suppose it would be even better w/ the columns...
:-)