Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Poly 7.....This is the stuff xeric containers are made of




I've loved succulent plants as long as I've been aware of them. I have potted succulents that date back to the late 1960's. It is a joy to walk through these plants. Brad will use them to create containers and seasonal displays later this year and they'll be spectacular but they're also nice lined up in the polyhouse for the winter.

Today we had our second 70F degree day in a row. This evening, any time that is, a massive cold front is due to roll through. When the cold air hits the warm air all havoc will probably break loose. I'm hearing all sorts of talk about 60 mph winds and torrential rains. It'll all be over by tomorrow morning and we'll go from there. Then temperatures will drop back sufficiently to where a bit of snow here and there over the next few days seems a likely possibility. Then we go back to what seems to be our "new normal": Zone 8 temperatures.

3 comments:

MulchMaid said...

Wow, crazy weather in your future! The succulents are wonderful, and make me crave a polyhouse to hang out in.

Rocky said...

what is the plant in the upper left of the top picture?

I'm not a robot.

ChrisU said...

I never said you were. Kalanchoe beharensis.