Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Anemone hupehensis flowering on Jan 8 in the Asian Collections

Florida was great but it's good to be back in the collection. I resumed weed whipping perennials. I think this was the last patch of anemones. I left this stalk that was still flowering. I doubt it's a record but it's definitely out of the ordinary. Temperatures rose into the mid-50's F today. That's more than 10 degrees above what we would normally expect. This morning I read that last year is now officially the hottest on record for the continental United States. So far this winter has been somewhat warmer than average but I see some cold temperatures forecast starting in about a week. Today was perfect for working in the garden; warm enough to not be cold and cool enough to not be hot!

No comments: