Tuesday, November 27, 2012

GrayC starts into winter greenhouse work

The roundhouses are covered and the tropical containers are inside for the winter. The salvia and lavender cuttings have been taken, and Brad has potted up the tropicals that spent the summer planted in beds. As a group we've cut back a lot of perennials and moved a lot of leaves. We'll move a lot more over the next three weeks or so and by the last week of December the gardens will be pretty much ready for winter. I'm sure I speak for the rest of the horticulturists/gardeners when I say we prefer being in the garden to being in the office. Today was cold and rainy and despite making a few forays into the collection I spent most of the day uploading, labeling, and editing photographs: good practice for the next few months. The rain stopped and tomorrow the sun will shine and it'll be warmer,. I'll get back to moving leaves and cutting back perennials. ..

No comments: