Monday, October 24, 2011

Looking down the path to the Pagoda from Hickey Hill Road...Where are the fairies? or the gentle fawn/faun?

If I saw this scene on a greeting card or on a velvet wall hanging, I'd probably be unfavorably impressed, but I like it. It's either because I took it myself of I know this is a real place that I care about and it truly did look like this this morning at quarter till eight. (There was absolutely no manipulation of this image; I didn't even crop it. It's all about the crazy light on a misty morning, ouch!) Just for the heck of it, this is the reverse view, up the path, from April this year.
Link
I''ve taken this picture many times; it's a pleasant spot framed by the tall shade of the Tulip trees. Sometimes the azaleas on the left side are flowering. Sometimes the Corylopsis a flowering, there are two in the view. Sometimes the Styrax japonica, silhouetted right midground is outlined with pendulous white flowers. Today the sunlight was the only ornament.

1 comment:

MulchMaid said...

For the first time, it occurred to me to double click to enlarge your photo! It's certainly a good one to enlarge to enjoy and quite lovely with the dappled sun coming through the trees.