Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Walking around this evening, I noticed there were a lot of blue flowers





from the top: Vinca major, Phlox stolonifera, Hyacinthoides hispanica (sorry Joan), Erysimium linifolium 'Bowles Mauve'

And one blue bowling ball keeping my new Hesperaloe company until I figure out where to put it! The Vinca is my nemesis: it escaped from a container years ago and I rip it out every year but it's in the wall and always sneaks back. Also I'm a tad embarassed by the Wood Hyacinths; they are a little bit invase in Rock Creek Park where they sneak into natural areas from adjoining gardens. They're both beautiful though. It seems like a lot of yellow flowers are finishing up; blue seems to be next in line.

1 comment:

MulchMaid said...

I thought the blue ball was a clever play on the wallflower "bowles" (bowling ball) " mauve" (blue-ish)! I'm still trying to figure out where to put my hesperaloe too. I think I need less grass and more sun.