Sunday, August 8, 2010

Urbanus proteus, the Long-tailed Skipper on Duranta flower

Somehow I missed the iridescent blue color on the wingss of this interesting subtropical butterfly. Nevertheless, I'm pretty certain of this identification. It's raining off and on today but since it's the last day of this visit, I'm prowling the garden weeding and photographing.
Texas Sage, Leucophyllum frutescens, is just today, producing a smattering of flowers....I'm sure as a result of the deep watering and light fertilization it received last Saturday! I would be nice to be able to stay 2-3 weeks as many other plants are budding up in response to my ministrations. Bougainvillea, Salvia leucantha, Salvia microphylla cvs, Salvia greggii cvs, various Crinums, Psychotria nervosa, Myrcianthesfragrans, Salvia cocccinea....
Aclepias currassavica
 

No comments: