Wednesday, April 21, 2010

theAzaleas around the Morrison Garden are peaking right now, or at least they're still really close

I'm getting worn down by spring. There's never enough time to do what you want, or even feel you must, do. I try to get to other collections before or after work but it doesn't happen enough. I woke up in the middle of the night, got to work way early, and did stop at the Morrison Garden this morning. It was beautiful, the whole collection is beautiful. I took a few pictures, walked back to the car, and found it locked with my keys laughing at me from the ignition. It was still early so I walked to the headhouse and rigged a jimmy that actually worked pretty well. There was a lot of room between the top of the window and the gasket around the door. All's well that ends well I always say. Well, I don't, but I was able to rescue myself from my own folly this morning.

The Azaleas seem to have responded to the last twelvemonth of weather much as the Magnolias and Cherries did; they're having a great spring. I'm only sorry it took me this long to get into the Collection.

No comments: