Tuesday, May 10, 2011

For various reasons, all of which have to do with money, we are doing our own irrigation repairs from now on. Today Nathan and I borrowed this nice torch from facilities and they suggested we braze rather than sweat. They supplied the rods so we used them. Since the rods contain copper and silver you need more heat. We got the union up to cherry red and everything worked just like it was supposed to. It was a new experience for me; I worked for a well driller for a while and sweated a lot of copper but this does seem quicker, easier, and produces stronger results. We aren't certified but I'm thinking we're qualified. That's good.

No comments: