Monday, June 4, 2012

All right, be that way. I'll just take my ball and go home.....Pisaurina brevipes


Katie found this spider with egg sac today while we were hauling broken Tulip tree branches. Which we spent all day doing. Apparently there were high winds associated with the violent rainstorms of this past Friday night. Truckloads of debris we hauled, Katie more than me. I stuck it out all morning but missed an hour in the pm. She just kept hauling though.

The rain was more than welcome; I think it's the first time this year the garden has had more water than it needed. We've had a number of small events, ~half an inch or a bit more, and once we had over an inch, but that came just in time to rehydrate things before they began to suffer. There was no extra there, but this one.....things are looking pretty good.

2 comments:

MulchMaid said...

That's one big spider if the tulip tree leaves are typical!

ChrisU said...

It sure is a big one. Our new intern found it; I'm never sure how interns are going to reach to spiders, snakes, and whatnot. Katie says they don't bother her if they don't suddenly appear from nowhere. That's pretty much how I feel too.
!