Irene hit us with considerably less energy than was initially predicted. That combined with our pre-storm preparations resulted in our sustaining minimal damages. I have honestly seen thunderstorms that wreaked more havoc than this hurricane. We lost two trees, one of which had already been tagged for removal. The roads were littered with leaves and twigs and the occasional smal to medium limb feel. Many of these were Liriodendron tulipifera, Tulip Trees. They have weak wood.
Nate and I spent several hours cleaning up Tulip Tree debris from a bed beside the GCA Circle. Collateral damage here included a few interesting maples. The good news is that this spring we sent scions to be grafted. We must check on their progress. Anyway the GCA Circle gets sunnier and sunnier. And the storm treats us gentley.