Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's not a beryllium sphere, it's a seedhead from Magnolia macrophylla

It looks me in the eye every day just across the side deck from the front door. You can't see it in this photograph, but it's one organized, geometric, grounded item floating in a sea of random growth. There's something about that that appeals to me. 2,500 years after the Greeks began a quest to find constancy amidst the perpetual flux of the world the concept still resonates. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I suspect it's a good thing to embrace the disorder of the world. I'm still trying but I'm not sure I'm making progress.

1 comment:

MulchMaid said...

Magnolia macrophylla in your garden? How very cool! I gotta say I would not have thought it would make it there in Adelphi. But wait, you're in FLORIDA right now....of course!

It's a wonderful seedhead.