Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This is a better dusting than yesterday!


We didn't get a lot of snow, but with temperatures expected to stay below 30 for the next few days, it's not going anyplace soon. My "go to" adjectives for describing winter conditions hereabouts are dreary, bleak, and interminable. Maybe interminable is a stretch, but "biting" doesn't usually pop up in mid-December. But it is today.....biting I mean. Temperatures this a.m. started below 20F and rose slowly. Steady winds between 15 and 20 mph assisted by random gusts up to almost 50mph kept it bitter. I felt bad for Max and Peter whose schedule had them tree pruning on a ladder.

Temperatures in Florida didn't reach 20F as predicted; it was 28 at 5:30a.m. and I expect that it dropped only a degree or so before the sun rose. Tonight is expected to be a bit warmer than last night;I've got my fingers crossed about damage levels. At least the pipes shouldn't freeze!

No comments: