Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Herbarium echoes.....Now I know how the cats felt

Apparently cats don't like bouncing around in empty spaces....or probably change in general. That makes cats conservatives? I guess I always suspected that. We'll just have to agree to disagree, the cats and I..

When I was in High School I worked for a moving company owned by a friend's family. Friendly when we arrived in the morning, as the day passed and their houses emptied of furniture, cats panicked. Dogs didn't care; their complacent trust allowed them to calmly watch as we stripped their houses and loaded their owner's possessions into a truck. But the cats....oh my. By the time the van was loaded they were distraught and weren't consoled a bit by being unloaded into the new empty house. Being locked in an empty room as they usually were, didn't help. I'm sure things got better after a while but l always dreaded arriving at a job, finding cats, and knowing by the end of the day they would be miserable
.

No comments: