Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here's the thing, it's never snowed this much here before

Okay, I know...enough snow. Still we don't often, actually we never have this much snow. This morning it looks to be a bit over 20 inches and we're expecting another 4-8. I shoveled out the front door about midnight. Did it again this morning and a path to the back of the deck so I could better survey the destruction and beauty. I don't care what happens to the bamboo; actually snow enhances it, permanently forming it into an arching tunnel over the path. The 'Sky Pencil' Japanese holly given to me by Gene Eisenbeiss thats gone from a nice 10 foot tall spire to that splayed curiosity in the right foreground....that may require work. I suppose I ought to have done some prophylactic staking and tieing, but hey, worst case scenario I cut it to 2-3 feet and it starts over. George was collecting chainlock last week and I know they worked on some of the fastigiate specimens in the Gotelli Collection. Snow does set the confiers off nicely if it doesn't break them off.

2 comments:

Justin French said...

Hi, my name is Justin French.

I recently noticed your article 1003 Gardens: Here's the thing, it's never snowed this much here ... on Sky pencil. I loved the article and was wondering if you would mind linking your article to my site. I work for a site called BrighterBlooms.com and we carry a wide variety of landscape shrubs and trees. We would be willing to offer you a plant of your choice off of our website, BrighterBlooms.com. Or if you choose, a cash payment. The value of these would be directly linked to the value of your websites content and information. Terms can be negotiated.

Details about our site are below.

Also, If you have any questions or need anything feel free to call me at brighterblooms@gmail.com or (704)644-4484.

I am a real person, not a link request bot :) :)

Best wishes,

Justin French
on behalf of Brighter Blooms Nursery
www.BrighterBlooms.com
-----------------------------------

ChrisU said...

Hey Justin,

I like the layout of your site. Very helpful and original. I don't do any commercial links though. I work at the Arboretum, know everybody there, see the gardens 5 days a week, and so have an inside take on things. It doesn't feel right to me to commercialize any aspect of that relationship. I mention Nurseries that I like frequently, but don't even know if they realize I'm doing it!