Thursday, February 25, 2010

Camellia sasanqua Agnes O Solomon and Meliosma.....it took many years to grow them but the storm dropped them in an instant

 

Then it only took Nathan, Amanda, and I 15 minutes to cut each one up, load it, and haul it to the Brickyard.  It's sort of sad but it really does make room for new plants. When I was a much younger man, I gave lip service to this truism, but took the passing of individual plants very much to heart. Now that I am older and my gardens are filled, it truly is a good thing to have space for a new plant or two....even three. I find that as the years go by I am less and less disturbed by the passing of, even those plants I have strong feelings for. It isn't that I've become colder or less enthusiastic. I don't think. It's just that the garden does go on and it's okay.

No comments: