Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall perennials (and one camellia) in the "Asian Collections US National Arboretum









From the top: Aster tataricus 'Jindai' (2), Camellia sasanqua 'Agnes O Solomon', Collinsonia japonica, Dendranthema 'Sheffield', Tricyrtis hirta 'Miyazaki', Salvia glabrescens 'Shi-ho', Impatiens omeiana

Got back Thursday after a 3 week furlough. It was mighty dry three weeks ago but in the interim we had a four day 6 inch rain and life is good. I know the camellias are spectacular and I love the scents of elaeagnus and osmanthus, but I invariably underestimate the fall perennials. There are always more of them more beautiful than I remember.

It's good to be back. I had a hip replacement earlier this summer so I've actually been gone from the garden tor two rather lengthy periods this year. I hope not to repeat either experience (the surgery or the furlough). The surgery was a great success, so it was worth it. Not so sure about the furlough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh! Great to see your return to 1003 Gardens.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! Missed the blog. Hope your hip is better than new! Sarah

Anonymous said...

Ditto -- Glad you are back. I miss news of USNA, hope you will appear more frequently....

And, hope your hip is better than old/new?

dienhoa10h said...

welcome back!! Fall down my way has been just come just as suddenly. (I have a tender banana and I accidently left it out last week when we froze. Bye bye, banana.) hoa dep
hoa, hoa tuoi, dien hoa