Monday, July 18, 2011

The Tropicals are having a good time this summer

I thought we were having a hot summer until I heard from my brother in Oklahoma City; they've had 28 (29 now?) days over 100F (~38C). Wow; I don't hear so much demagoguery lately on conservative talk radio about the "fallacy" of global warming. It feels a bit like the world is coming apart at the seams: crazy heat waves, vulcanism, earthquakes, unprecedented numbers of monster tornadoes. I've always maintained that the "pathetic fallacy" wasn't a fallacy.....I can't explain it but the physical world does sometimes seem to reflect our human condition. Microcosm/macrocosm thing I suppose. The world is a curious place.

Anyway tropical plants are very happy this summer in Washington DC environs.

1 comment:

MulchMaid said...

Nice pic, Chris! I love the flamingo adding its touch of the tropics.