Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Benches and a new Bridge

Who should I meet parked by the lower end of Fern Valley but David Robinson, creative artist, master craftsman, superb carpenter, and proprietor of Natural Edge. He showed up to deliver two more of those wicked benches and build a decent bridge over the stream at the lower end of Fern Valley. The reason I never attended to that task was because I had always hoped for this exact resolution of the problem (and I'm lazy). Now it's going to happen.

He didn't seem depressed at the fact that half a dozen large trees had fallen on a portion of his earlier work. Job security I guess. Maybe it goes along with being able to juggle all those roles, but David has an interesting perspective on the world and a personality that resonates with me. I'm glad to see him back!

No comments: